Senior digital designer / art director
$75,000+ plus super
The who and the what.
Webplace is an award-winning, boutique, full-service digital agency, specialising in beginning to end digital creation. We work across a diverse range of industry sectors both nationally and internationally, with some wonderful clients. We love what we do and because of this, we are a collaborative bunch with a passion for quality at all points of a project. As a group of hard-working digi-lovers, we always ensure there’s a great work-life balance in this family-friendly agency, with time for a riverside stroll on the Yarra and Friday arvo drinks at the local micro-brewery. Based in the heart of Abbotsford, there’s always a good coffee not too far away.
We’re looking for a digital art director or talented senior designer looking to progress to the next level. This is a fantastic opportunity for an innovative, pragmatic designer who is looking for real personal development and career progression.
What you’ll do.
We have a focused, creative, team-driven environment. As a hands-on designer, you’ll lead and direct the design team’s creative output. You will be responsible for the start-to-end creative process – from concepts to execution on a wide range of exciting and varied digital projects. You’ll have strong communication skills, working closely with the project manager to define tasks and responsibilities. You’ll also collaborate with our strategy and technology teams to ensure continuity throughout a project process.
We pride ourselves on exceeding our clients’ expectations, their strategic objectives, and the experience for their users. If you’re excited about the prospect of creating outstanding designs that help solve problems, then read on.
What we want.
- Designing for large, complex digital projects within brand guidelines
- Production and direction of user interface design with a portfolio to reflect it
- Creating interactive prototypes
- Developing design systems and/or digital style guides
- Inspiring and leading a small team of designers along with the ability to work independently
- Leading creative workshops and client presentations
- Ability to contribute and lead the design team’s project proposals and costings
- Accountability for project timekeeping and deadlines
- Five years plus in a design or digital team
- Proficient user of Sketch and InVision
- Competency in the Adobe suite
- Advanced knowledge of responsive web design principles
- A solid understanding of the user experience
- Sound knowledge of WCAG standards and design for accessibility
- An active interest in HTML, CSS, and interactivity (no coding skills required)
- A Bachelor degree in design or communications design
- Bright ideas and innovative thinking
- A passionate advocate of digital design in the industry
Added kudos for
- Design for print
- Working client-side with internal product teams
- Motion graphics experience with Adobe After Effects and/or Principle
- Public speaking
Have you got what it takes? If so we’d love to hear from you. Email a covering letter, your résumé and link to your online portfolio to Oliver, our Creative Director at email@example.com