Senior PHP developer
We are seeking an energetic software developer to join our support team.
The ideal candidate will bring a solid and experienced portfolio of work and a strong passion to learn new skills and share knowledge within the team. He/she will be strongly grounded in software development methodologies and be flexible to adapt to an agency environment.
The role will involving providing support and development for our existing clients, which vary from state government departments to SME and large multinational clients.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has strong written and communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Is looking to improve themselves and the development team
- Has strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Can creatively find solutions to challenges and obstacles in a timely manner
- Is able to work with multiple clients and projects at a time
You must be able to demonstrate:
- 3+ years of hands-on programming experience with PHP and/or PHP frameworks, SQL, JSON, API’s
- Demonstrated experience architecting, developing and managing websites using Drupal and Joomla
- Demonstrated experience with HTML5/CSS/jQuery
- Experience configuring, tuning and managing Apache web servers
- Working knowledge and experience with software security best practices and applicable tools to prevent fraudulent and malicious attacks from exposure to vulnerabilities as SQL injection, XSS, etc
- Google analytics experience
- Websites that conform to WCAG accessibility guidelines
- Strong Git experience
- Experience developing solutions across browsers and devices, especially last few versions of IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari and devices; tablet, mobile, etc
The following is highly regarded:
- Developing responsive websites
- Drupal certification
- Agency experience
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
What Webplace will offer you:
- Opportunity to work with an award winning team who are experts at what they do and enjoy hanging out together
- Good times – Friday drinks, table tennis tournaments and regular team lunches
- An opportunity to learn – progress your skills or explore other related areas, through in-house learning, conferences and courses.
- Work/life balance – a company that understands how important work/life balance is to your well-being.
Click here to apply for this position